The 3 Most Common Types of Alcohol Dependency
Alcohol comes in many different varieties, and there are different forms of alcohol abuse as a result. Once someone has formed a physical dependency to alcohol, they will usually drink whatever is available to avoid the signs of alcohol withdrawal. Before an alcohol dependency reaches the point of indiscriminate consumption, however, it usually begins as one of three common types of alcohol addiction – either wine addiction, beer addiction, or liquor addiction.
Passages Malibu is an alcohol dependency rehab treatment center that can resolve all types of alcohol dependency. If you believe that you or someone you love may have developed any of these types of alcohol dependency, rehab is available at 866-531-9829.
Wine Addiction & Treatment
Although wine consumption in moderation is thought to have some limited health benefits, drinking wine every day in excess can cause serious health complications to the mind and body. A wine addiction is just as serious as any other form of alcohol addiction and often requires luxury alcohol dependency rehab to overcome. There is absolutely nothing to feel ashamed of by seeking help for a wine addiction.
If you or someone you love has a wine addiction, do not make the mistake of dismissing wine addiction as a “lesser” form of alcohol addiction and neglect getting the luxury alcohol rehab that’s needed. Call 866-531-9829 to learn more about getting help for wine addiction at Passages Malibu in California.
Beer Addiction & Treatment
Beer addiction, like wine addiction, typically has a gradual onset. As your tolerance to alcohol grows over time, one drink a day may turn into two, two into three, and so on. After a while, it becomes easy to lose count of how many drinks you have had, or how many drinks it takes to start feeling the effects.
As with any other type of alcohol addiction, a beer addiction can have the same types of adverse results on your personal health and responsibilities as wine or liquor. Call 866-531-9829 to receive luxury alcohol dependency rehab treatment at Passages Malibu in California.
Liquor Addiction & Treatment
Due to its harsh smell and strong intoxicating effects, liquor addiction can be a type of alcohol dependency that is a little harder to hide from others than a beer or wine addiction. Plenty of people do successfully hide a liquor addiction for years, however – sometimes even from themselves. If you think you or someone you love may have a liquor addiction, call 866-531-9829 to learn about our alcohol dependency rehab treatment program in California.
Signs of Alcohol Addiction
It is far easier for most people to remain in denial about their alcohol addiction than it for them to seek luxury alcohol rehab. If you or someone you love ever display any of these following signs of alcohol addiction, it might be time to consider professional alcohol rehabilitation treatment at Passages Malibu.
Have you . . .
- Tried to limit their beer consumption and failed to do so
- Tried to abstain from drinking entirely and failed to do so (short-term or long-term)
- Not remembered things that others say happened while drinking
- Been dishonest about drinking everyday (by themselves or with others)
- Felt the need to use alcohol as a way to influence emotions
- Drank alcohol every day to excess, either alone or with friends
If you answered “yes” for yourself or on someone else’s behalf, please call 866-531-9829. We will be able to learn more about your situation and help you determine if alcohol dependency rehab at Passages Malibu in California is the right choice.
How Alcohol Dependency Affects the Body
Drinking too much alcohol can greatly alter a person’s physical and emotional wellbeing. A prolonged alcohol addiction can damage the . . .
- Brain – Excess alcohol consumption over time can weaken the neurological system and slow down reaction times. The cerebellum, which is responsible for motor functions and emotional health, is one area of the brain that can be impacted by an alcohol dependency.
- Heart – Alcohol dependency can affect heartrate and circulation, leading to heart disease and diabetes.
- Liver – Becoming obese, developing Type 2 diabetes and having liver failure are serious consequences of untreated alcohol abuse.
- Pancreas – Cancer and pancreatitis are often caused by alcohol addiction. Abdominal pains, diarrhea, feeling nauseous, and heart palpitations can all be caused from an untreated alcohol addiction.
End Alcohol Dependency at Passages Malibu
Now is your best chance to end alcohol dependency with our alcohol dependency rehab program at Passages Malibu in California. Our therapists, counselors and other specialists will be able to provide life-changing holistic therapy treatments to reverse the damage caused by wine, beer or liquor addiction. Call 866-531-9829 for more alcohol dependency rehab information.